Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cats - Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat





This one came out of a dream. In the dream I was talking w/ people at church. Some of the people were from the church I grew up in but the building was not familiar. The conversation hinged around tearing down the building known as Rousseau Hall. In reality, the hall is named after the late Rev. Jeff Rousseau, the pastor that married my parents and was around when I was a kid. He is greatly beloved in that community. In the dream, he is still alive and upset that his namesake building is being torn down. After he leaves the room, the conversation turns to the retirement community he lives in. One of the people in the dream then refers to a joke they heard on "30 Rock" about old people loving the musical "Cats." I think it had something to do with the old folks nicknaming workers in the retirement community after the cats. Then I woke up and Skimbleshanks was in my head. Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment