Friday, August 16, 2013

The King & I - Shall We Dance


I didn't wake up with this song in my head but it did figure in a dream. I can't put together a timeline for the dreams I had last night so here are some bullet points. In my dream last night... - I had a super close friendship with Jodie Foster and Mel Gibson. At one point in the dream, I am dancing the "Shall We Dance" number w/ Foster and she gets ill. I pick her up and take her to the hospital. That's where Mel comes in. He's there in the waiting room as we wait for news about her condition. - Same dream, different dream...I don't know. In this vignette, I am at a religious event (perhaps a convention) and I see an old friend. We hug and cry...a lot. I'm not one to try and interpret dreams but I'm fairly certain I know what some of this is about. In the first dream, I have an impression that the friendship I had w/ these 2 celebrities was super tight. I haven't had a friendship like that in a long, long time. I think the dream is a manifestation of my desire for that type of friendship. Why it was Foster and Gibson, I have no idea. The other is probably just me missing friendships from the past. The friend in the dream isn't someone I had a falling out with. We just went in different directions. But I miss my old friends and the close relationships we had. So, there you go. Whether my interpretations are correct or not, that's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment