Thursday, August 2, 2012

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass




Timing is everything. This song comes at a perfect time. We lost a friend to cancer this week so it's a good time to reflect on love, loss and the fleeting nature of life.
I started watching the new George Harrison documentary yesterday which is why this song is so fresh in my head. It's a phenomenal song. George Harrison was never a favorite Beatle of mine but I've come to appreciate him more and more as I get older. I identify with his quiet, contemplative spirit and his ability to deal w/ issues, worldly and personal, thru his art. At 50, I think George may now be my favorite Beatle and his songs have taken on fresh, new meaning for me as I pass into the autumn years of my life.
Rest in peace, Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment