Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Swing Era Stumper

I'm stumped! I woke up with a swing era, big band song in my head and I can't find the title. It's one of the standards but I just can't locate it. I'm sure it will hit me at some point. Maybe today, maybe next week, maybe 2 months from now...but I'll figure it out.
Meanwhile, I had a crazy dream last night. I was in the lobby of a big church or auditorium w/ a bunch of friends and acquaintances. I am wearing a black suit. We hear a loud explosion and go to the front windows. In the sky is the steeple of a church flying up into the air like a rocket but then it begins to fall over towards us. We run but thin rods skewer some of the people around me including a female acquaintance who gets one right thru the chest. We run over and cut the ends off the front and back and assume she'll be okay. We then ascertain that the church across the street has exploded, sending it's steeple flying. I have my camera with me so I try to get over there and take pictures. The path to the church is like hiking a wilderness trail. I finally arrive and start taking pictures of the burning wreck of a church. I am confronted by another photographer who says I can't take pictures. He's afraid I'm working for a rival newspaper or magazine and that he won't get paid. I tell him off and continue to take pictures. Somewhere in there is the impression that I was to go hiking with friends but back out and that I was attending a church other than the one I usually attended. That's all I can remember.
Dreams are so weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment