Monday, July 2, 2012

David Bowie - Jean Genie




A bit of a conundrum this morning. I woke up with a guitar riff in my head. That's it. I thought (and still think) that it's the riff to an uptempo, sixties-era "Mannish Boy" cover but I can't think of the artist. I don't know enough info to find it. All I hear is the guitar riff which is similar to "Jean Genie". To be fair, as I was trying to figure out he song (while still lying in bed), Bowie popped into my head as well. So it's not a cheat, only a sort of substitution. If I can find the first song, I'll let you all know in a future post. It's going to drive me crazy until I figure it out or hear it.

If you can help me out, let me know in the comments. It may not be a "Mannish Boy" cover but it's the same riff only sped up. (About the same tempo as "Jean Genie") It's very stripped down and staccato, perhaps only guitar, bass and very minimal drums. And I think there's a harmonica in there doubling the guitar. That's all I've got. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment