Monday, July 23, 2012

Patty Smyth - Heartache Heard Round The World




This is one of those songs (and the album it's from "Never Enough") that I never get tired of. Patty Smyth is one of the few, great female rock and rollers. She started with the band Scandal and then put out a few solo albums. To my knowledge, this is the only decent one she did...but it's a winner. She quit rockin' and rollin', married John McEnroe (yes, that John McEnroe) and cranked out a bunch of kids.
My greatest memories of this album are from a trip to NYC. Patty is from NYC, so I always connected her to the city. During the trip, I saw an interview with her on TV. I just happened to have the album with me on tape w/ a Walkman (remember those). I wore that tape out on that trip. The music just made more sense hearing it in her city especially her cover of Tom Wait's "Downtown Train."
If you've never heard this album, listen to it immediately. I would say it's in my Top Ten or darn close.

No comments:

Post a Comment