Wednesday, July 25, 2012

KISS - Got To Choose




It's about time KISS showed up. When I was a kid, I was a huge KISS fan. I had all their albums, posters all over my walls, etc. I was a bit crazy. People at church were praying for my eternal soul because I was worshiping at the altar of the Knights in Satan's Service. (I wish I knew who came up with that. It's brilliant and ridiculous all at the same time) Despite being such a fan, I have yet to see them in concert. A friend of mine posted on FB yesterday that his entire family was going that night. I asked, "When did a KISS concert become a family event?" It's funny how time changes perspective. 35 years ago I (and thousands of kids just like me) was condemned to Hell for liking these weird guys in makeup and now entire families are going to see the concerts. Well, KISS is what it is. 4 guys making tons of money by donning weird makeup and putting on a great show. It's basically the same as going to a Broadway show.

No comments:

Post a Comment