Thursday, July 12, 2012

Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'




I didn't get to listen to music yesterday. Spent the whole day at work so no studio time (where I usually listen to music). I prefer for a song to come out of the blue rather than having been influenced by what I listened to the previous day.
I've always loved Michael McDonald's voice. It's very distinct. I love hearing it in the background of old Steely Dan songs. (He was in that group before the Doobie Brothers) When he left the Doobie Bros, it was kinda sad at the time but looking back, I think it was good that the Doobie's were able to go back to their signature sound. The McDonald period is cool but the original Doobie sound is amazing.
McDonald was here in concert a few weeks ago w/ Boz Skaggs and Donald Fagan. I would love to have gone but money's tight right now. I would have loved to have seen these three work their musical magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment