Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Creature Comforts America Theme Song



Sorry, folks. My brain decided to sleep in today. I thought I'd be bringing you another interesting selection from the wide world of popular music.but instead we get a TV show theme song. To be fair, I was watching this show yesterday during my workout so I heard the theme a few times because I watched multiple episodes. As themes go, it's pretty dull. It was composed by Steve Earle who does nothing for me.
To save this post from being completely boring, let me talk about "Creature Comforts" for a minute. The show was created by Aardman (who also does Wallace & Gromit) for British television but before that it was a short film by Nick Park. The British show is stinkin' hilarious and the Christmas special is just fantastic! The American version is not as successful. (it only lasted 7 episodes on CBS) For me, the reason is clear. Where the Brits come off as eccentric and funny, the Americans just come off as stupid and shallow.
BTW, the theme starts around the 0:49 mark in the video. Let's hope my brain comes up with something a bit more interesting for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment