Monday, June 4, 2012

Level 42 - Love Games



I had a weird morning. I woke up multiple times w/ multiple songs in my head. Mostly stuff from the 80's like Nik Kershaw's "Cloak and Dagger" and "Love is Like a Rock" by Donnie Iris. But, I had to go with the first one that popped into my head and that was "Love Games." It started with the very distinct keyboard riff and then headed straight for the bass part. It's funny. I rarely hear lyrics in my head. Most of the time it's the various instrumental parts. I was told once by a musician friend that I could have been a composer. I can't disagree with that. I can't memorize lyrics to save my life but I can remember almost everything the instruments are doing. I just hear it in my head.
One more thing before I go. I just want to say that I am a huge fan of Level 42. I started listening to them in the 80's when they had the hit "Something About You." I grabbed up everything I could get my hands on. I love their jazz-infused pop sound and Mark King is a killer vocalist and bass player. I think this is the first song on AM/PM that reflects me being a big fan of a particular group. The other songs so far have been pretty random.
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment