Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday or Karla DeVito - We Are Not Alone







A conundrum this morning. Which song was on my brain first? I don't know. They were both in there, jumbled together like a mashup...if that's possible with these two songs. I must confess that I don't care for "We Are Not Alone" as a song. It works in the movie but I wouldn't choose to listen to it. Not sure why it surfaced in my brain on this particular morning. I must also confess that I didn't know it was by Karla DeVito whose work I enjoy on Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell album. Strangely enough, DeVito is married to Robby Benson who, I learned via Wikipedia, co-wrote this song.
The Monkees...well...they require no explanation. Please enjoy this lip-syncing, crappy-fake-playing-of-the-instruments explosion of unadulterated fun. I'll bet the song gets stuck in your head and you might wake up with it in your brain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment