Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Deep Purple Stormbringer






I never got into Deep Purple when I was a kid. Sure, I'd heard "Smoke on the Water" (the first song every budding guitar player learns) and "Hush" but I'd never gotten deep into the Deep. Lately I've been pulling up their stuff on Spotify and giving it a listen. Some of it's just meh for me but some of it's great like "Stormbringer." It's just a straight ahead, in your face rock song...the kind that makes you want to drive fast and bang your head.
I usually have more than one song bouncing around in my head in the morning and today was no exception. Also up there was "Train Kept a Rollin'" or "Honey Hush." They have similar (identical?) riffs so who knows which it was. Probably doesn't matter much. I won't post a video for that one. Do a search and you can watch any number of versions of either song.

No comments:

Post a Comment