Monday, June 25, 2012

The Rest of Iowa



Thursday morning: A solid rocker! Not sure where this came from other than from my love of rock!



Friday morning: Another rocker! I am a huge fan of Rage Against the Machine but I always wanted to hear what they would sound like if they ditched the rap and got a good singer. Well, my wish was granted when Chris Cornell from Soundgarden joined them to form Audioslave. They only lasted 3 albums but they threw down some solid, rockin' tunes.



Saturday morning: Love this song. Always have, always will. I'm a rocker but I also love classic R&B. Great stuff!



Sunday morning: The week in Iowa finally starts to seep into my brain. 3 nights during the week we played games with Sarah's parents. During the games, they would put on music which consisted of 4 CDs being played over and over again. We listened to Johnny Mathis, Tom Jones, some Latino-tinged light jazz and Barry Manilow. I pretended to protest but, truth was, I didn't mind. I grew up listening to Barry. I had a friend who played the piano and he had a Barry Manilow songbook so we used to perform those songs quite a bit. Barry puts on a good show and some of his songs are standards nowadays. I also like Tom Jones and, to a point, Johnny Mathis...but Barry won the day! It truly is a miracle! See you back in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment