Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sugar Ray - Fly



I was tempted to lie this morning.
After "Creature Comforts" yesterday, I wanted today's song to be incredible. It's not. Sorry, Sugar Ray fans but I don't like this song. Never have. I am perplexed as to why it was on my brain this morning.
So, ashamed of my brain's jukebox choice, I was going to lie and present another song. I was going to use "I Want To Tell You" by the Beatles because that's what my brain tried to shift to when I was attempting to get the Sugar Ray song out of my head. I finally realized that I had to be truthful.
A quick aside about Sugar Ray and his ilk. I was a youth minister back in '97 when this song came out so I heard it a lot. Most of the kids in my youth group liked music that I didn't care for. I had my fill of Smash Mouth, Blues Traveler, Sugar Ray, and (the worst of all) the Dave Matthews Band. I have been chastised for not liking DM. Oh, yes...I have suffered. And before you get all high and mighty on me (I'm talking to you, DM fans) I am willing to admit that his band is amazing and they have produced at least one or two songs I can listen to. ("Too Much") But, as a whole, there's only so much acoustic-driven, poorly sung Dave music that I can stand. Okay, I got that off my chest. I feel better.
Let's hope Friday brings us a better music choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment